The RadAware RD1 is our Personal RF/microwave exposure alarm. The Alarm is designed to be left switched on, monitoring your personal exposure, and alerting you if it rises above your chosen level. It can be left on your desk, but it is also small enough to be carried in a pocket or bag. It is thousands of times more sensitive and detects more than twice the frequency range of other RF alarms we have seen. It was designed by using 25 years experience of EMF/RF measurements and research.
Everyone is constantly being exposed to increasing levels of pulsing microwave signals from smart phones and their base stations, WiFi, DECT cordless phones, tablet PCs, games consoles, Smart Meters, supermarket checkout systems, etc. Now we also have the ‘Internet of Things’ (IoT) sources that include most modern fridges, freezers, cookers, washing machines, etc. in your home. These are hidden microwave radiation sources that you will not easily be aware of and it is not practical to continuously take readings.
The RD1 alarm automatically monitors for microwave RF exposure and alerts you when you are being exposed.
- Adjustable RF/microwave exposure alarm
- Frequency 200 MHz to 6 GHz ±6 dB typical
- Alarm range from less than 0.015 to 3 V/m
- Adjustable range sensitivity from:
» <0.015-0.15 V/m (0.6 – 60 uW/m2) to <0.3 – 3 V/m (240 – 24000 uW/m2)
- levels shown on 3 coloured LEDs and » six different alarm sounds
- Battery: PP3 9V Alkaline or Rechargeable
- Average current: 1 mA (no sounder)
- Battery life: 2 – 3 weeks (normal alkaline)
- » Low battery (6.7V) sound alarm beep
- Size (mm): 110 x 63 x 21 (LxWxD); Weight:140g incl.battery; 175g with pouch
*This product has a 2 year return to base warranty *